4.20.2010

Tuesday: Transportation

Today's challenge was to "Burn calories, not fossil fuels."  Since I live in NYC and don't own a car, I am generally a very low-impact traveler on a day-to-day basis.  I walk most places, or I take the subway if it's too far to walk, and I like to bike when it's nice out.  However, my one commitment this week is no taxis.  Since I only take taxis when I'm running late, I have to make it a priority to run more on time.  This is something that fluctuates for me, and currently I'm in a cycle of running slightly late.  So as I've been working on correcting this anyway, the no taxi challenge falls right in line with that...

In the bigger scheme of things, there's air travel.  As travel is one of life's great pleasures, this is hard.  I have made the commitment to fly nonstop to my destination whenever humanly possible, as the most gas is burned and the most CO2 emissions are emitted during takeoff and landing.  But that doesn't quite assuage my guilt...

No comments:

Post a Comment